When You Receive Maintenance From The Pros, What Are You Paying For?
We all know that we should maintain all of our appliances. Still, we rarely find the time or motivation to do it ourselves. So should we pay someone to do the maintenance for us? Well, that feels like cheating. Most of us would rather have our AC break down than pay for someone else to do work we could have done ourselves.
But, can we do the job as well as the pros?
It turns out we can’t.
The average person can, at most, take care of simple maintenance procedures that will keep our AC chugging along. However, it takes a real professional to get our systems back into prime condition. Thankfully, Derek Sawyer’s Heating and Air Conditioning team are the people you need for all your AC maintenance needs.
Let’s face it, some of us can barely operate the toaster, let alone a precision machine like an air conditioner. The most an inexperienced consumer should ever perform on their air conditioner is essential preventative maintenance. Depending on your level of comfort, this may include:
- Combing The Vent Fins
- Replacing the Air Filter
- Cleaning The Evaporator Coil
- Cleaning the Condensate Drain
Maintenance of this level should be relatively easy to handle and will only help improve regular performance. If your AC is suffering from any serious problems, only a professional will be able to diagnose your unit.
If you find that your AC seems to be struggling to keep up with your demands despite being well maintained, you should look into calling an expert. A professional technician is perfectly capable of performing any of the regular maintenance you’ve missed and the more technical work that it needs. In addition to basic maintenance procedures, your service technician should, at the very least:
- Calibrate Your Thermostat
- Inspect The Unit’s Electrical Contacts
- Lubricate Parts In Good Condition and Replace Worn Ones
- Cycle The System On And Off
- Recharge The Refrigerant And Fix Any Leaks
These few inspections are generally enough to keep your AC working and avoid costly breakdowns. However, most service technicians will perform a full 20-point inspection of your AC that should include:
- Test Capacitors
- Calibrate the Thermostat
- Lubricate the Bearing
- Examine Safety Devices
- Clean the Indoor Coil
- Examine the Fan’s Blade
- Flush the Condensate Drain
- Clean the Air Purifier
- Examine the Ducts
- Check the Condenser Coil
- Clean the Condenser Coil
- Examine the Service Valves
- Test For Burnt Contacts
- Check For Exposed Wiring
- Examine Electrical Wiring Connections
- Examine the Operation Of the Compressor
- Monitor the Refrigerant’s Operating Pressures
- Calculate Supply/Return Temperature Differential
- Calculate the Blower Motor’s Amperage and Voltage
- Inspect The Electrical Disconnect Box Proper Installation
If you’re not sure what all of that means, don’t worry. You don’t have to know everything about your AC because it is a professional’s job to ensure it is appropriately maintained.
Why You Should Have Your AC Maintained By A Professional?
We would all like to care for our repairs, but we have to leave some things to professionals. Unless you plan on joining an AC repair school sometime soon, there is no way for you to take proper care of your air conditioner.
Not to mention that maintaining an air conditioner can be a dangerous job! Between all of the refrigerants, electrical wiring, and fans, there is no shortage of ways that you can hurt yourself.
Instead, it is best to leave most AC maintenance to your local HVAC company. If you think hiring someone to maintain your AC is a waste of money well, then think again! Not only will regular maintenance help prevent breakdowns, but an efficient AC will also help you save on your utility bill. Altogether, you can be sure that maintaining your AC, especially with Derek Sawyer, will only keep your money in the long run.
We offer HVAC maintenance services in the following areas:
- • Modesto AC repair and maintenance
- • Escalon AC repair and maintenance
- • Chico AC repair and maintenance
- • Ceres AC repair and maintenance
- • Atwater AC repair and maintenance
- • Newman AC repair and maintenance
- • Discovery Bay AC repair and maintenance
- • Latrop AC repair and maintenance
- • Gustine AC repair and maintenance
- • Turlock AC repair and maintenance
- • Lodi AC repair and maintenance
- • Elk Grove AC repair and maintenance
- • Los Banos AC repair and maintenance
- • Tracy AC repair and maintenance
- • Stockton AC repair and maintenance
- • Oakdale AC repair and maintenance
- • Manteca AC repair and maintenance
- • Galt AC repair and maintenance
Leave us a review or learn more about our Modesto AC repair services today!