You have to keep the efficiency of your domestic heating and cooling solutions to a peak for many reasons. To begin with, it saves a lot of your money by consuming less energy. Secondly, it continues to give you comfort for a long time. Thirdly, it helps the environment, which is very important in the present world.
So let us find out what to do to increase the life and thereby maximize the potential of your heating and cooling appliance.
- First of all, you have to lessen the air leaks from your home. Put weatherstripping around the doors and cover the windows with caulk. If there are single-pane windows in your home, install double-pane ones in their places.
- You also have to clean the filters of your Sawyers AC and heater regularly. This will improve the flow of air across the rooms. When seasons change, it is advisable that you do a checking of the filter and clean accordingly.
- Every 3 months, clean with a vacuum cleaner.
- Get annual checkups done by an experienced professional. If your AC or heating system becomes suddenly noisy or feels warm to touch, contact a professional repairman immediately. Contact the vendor who sold you the system to know if they can provide this service.
- Shut the doors and windows of the room you are not using. This will increase your comfort level to a great degree because the load on your heater or AC will reduce drastically.
- To get the most out of your heater or air-conditioner, buy one according to the size of your room. If it is too large, it will consume a lot of energy and cost you a lot of money. On the other hand, if it is too small, maintaining a comfortable room temperature will be difficult for it.
- Pre-program the timers and temperature settings so that they consume less energy when you are not there in the room.
If you do not use your cooling/heating appliance at its maximum capacity all the time, it will naturally last a long time. Did you know that lack of routine maintenance, normal Air Conditioning Solutions, become around 5% less efficient every year. Cover the compressor during winter and remove window AC s and re-install them in the summer. This boosts their longevity.
As for heaters, you can boost their efficiency further by following these few steps:
- Dust the radiator and register of baseboard heaters regularly with a vacuum cleaner.
- Rearrange large furniture in such a way that they do not block the heat from spreading into your room.
- When you come out of your bathroom and kitchen, remember to turn off the exhaust fans. If you keep them running, the heat can escape from your rooms.
These were some advice on getting the most out of your heating and cooling solutions. Hope it will help you.